The programs and services available at the Alzheimer's Alliance would not be possible without our outstanding volunteers! By volunteering at the Alliance, you are investing in the families, friends, and neighbors touched by Alzheimer's disease and dementia in our community.
There are a wide range of volunteer opportunities available, and each role comes with full training and support from the Alliance staff. If you have a talent, interest, or passion for a certain project, we will find a place for you!
Current volunteer projects include:
- Project Lifesaver - This is a vital program to our clients that partners with local law enforcement to increase the chances that persons with Alzheimer's disease will be found if they wander. Volunteers help to check equipment, change transmitter batteries monthly, prepare for trainings, following up with clients, and ensuring records are up-to-date.
- Day Club Friend - Our Wonderful Wednesdays program is popular with clients, who enjoy the company and activities with other participants and friends, as well as caregivers, who get a much-needed break during the week. Volunteers in Day Club become a "friend" to participants and assists them with program activities. Ideally, this is a weekly to bi-weekly commitment.
- Office Support - The Alliance office is busy throughout the week meeting with clients, as well as doing the necessary work to keep a nonprofit up and running! Volunteers can always have something to do in the office, such as answering phones, filing, greeting clients, data entry, mailing educational materials, and helping the staff stay organized.
- Event Volunteer - The Alliance is active throughout the community to inform people about the programs and services we provide. Our annual events including the Caregiver Conference, Mah Jongg for Memory, Butterfly Hope Luncheon, and Butterfly Release. Community events include health fairs, expos, professional development outreach, holiday events, and other agency initiatives. Event volunteers work with the Alliance staff before and during the event with everything from planning, setting up, and event registrations to assisting with the day-of-event logistics.
- Librarian - The Alliance has a full library of books, periodicals, DVDs, and other materials available for free checkout to those in the community. In the library, volunteers ensure materials are in good order, cataloged, and up-to-date.
Contact our office for more information!