Aging and Senior Health Care
- Area Agency on Aging of East Texas - state agency who coordinates services for East Texas adults over age 60, including home-delivered meals, in-home assistance, care coordination, transportation, referrals, benefits and legal counseling for the Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services
- Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services
- Benefits Checkup - free service from the non-profit group National Council on Aging with information and assistance on how to cover expenses related to medication, health care, and other living expenses for adults over 55
- Texas Law Help - information on healthcare, benefits, powers of attorney, advance directives, retirement, nursing home rights, and more
- Best Friends Approach - the comprehensive model of care adopted by the Alzheimer's Alliance of Smith County where professional and family caregivers interact with a person with Alzheimer's disease or dementia as they would a "best friend"
- AARP Caregiving Resource Center - a one-stop shop for tips, tools, and resources for caring for a loved one
- National Center on Caregiving / Family Caregiver Alliance - free resources for professional and family caregivers including preparing your family to care for you or aging relatives, information for those new to caregiving, and strategies for long-distance caregiving
Spanish Language Materials
Note: The links above are for informational purpose only. The Alzheimer's Alliance of Smith County does not endorse the content, presentation, or accuracy of these resources, nor makes any warranty, expressed or implied, regarding any external site.